There is a Powerful Owl living in my garden – Australia’s largest owl. I love to hear it’s haunting echoing resonant “hoot hoot” at night. Although it took me a long time to actually find it in daylight to see it for myself, its presence has been strongly felt.
When I finally saw the owl, perched on a branch way up high in the largest, leafiest old tree in the garden, I was humbled and hugely impressed by its tall stature and wise gaze – staring right back at me – penetrating my third eye. I felt like it could see right through me. I am thrilled to have such a royal feathered co-habitant in my garden.
The owl is the animal that represents the THIRD EYE or SIXTH CHAKRA. The chakra of wisdom and intuition.
Physically, the sixth chakra is located at the centre of the head and is connected to the pituitary gland and the eyes.
Key words for this chakra: PERCEPTION, INTUITION, SEEING, LIGHT.
EXPRESSION THROUGH drawing on our inner wisdom, knowing and intuition. Visioning our dreams.
SIGNS OF IMBALANCE IN THE SIXTH CHAKRA:
- Rigidly intellectual.
- Only interested in concepts, neglecting experience.
- Belief in only what can be seen or measured.
- Worrying a lot.
HOW TO KEEP THE SIXTH CHAKRA BALANCED:
- Chanting “Ong”. Ong is the creative universe. Let Ong vibrate through the centre of the head, the throat and the nose. Then sit in meditation afterwards, focusing on the third eye.
This expansion resonates at the SEVENTH CHAKRA or CROWN CHAKRA – where we experience a sense of nothing and everything. The connection of all things. Through the Crown Chakra we reach enlightenment. We understand the meaning of life.
Sanskrit word for this chakra: Sahasraha. Colour: Violet to White. Element: Thought
Physically, the seventh chakra is located at the top of the head and is connected to the pineal gland as well as the central nervous system.
Key words for this chakra: BLISS, UNDERSTANDING, AWARENESS OF THE DIVINE SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS, LIMITLESS.
EXPRESSION THROUGH experiencing the oneness within yourself, others, the earth, universe and all life.
SIGNS OF IMBALANCE IN THE SEVENTH CHAKRA:
- Limited perspective to the physical reality only.
- Feeling you are better or more important in a hierarchy than other sentient beings and the natural environment.
- No connection to spirituality in any form.
HOW TO KEEP THE SEVENTH CHAKRA BALANCED:
- Chanting “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” meaning I bow to the divine wisdom and teacher within.
- Chanting “Aum”. Meaning stillness of the universe. Being.
Note: the above image is not actually a powerful owl, it’s another type of awesome owl…
Reference: Guru Rattan Kaur, “Your life is in your Chakras”.